1.Flaming and cursing will not be tolerated. Any post containing a flame or foul language, including foul language with symbols replacing some of the letters, will be removed. Outright lashing at Chevybombs.com will not be tolerated. If you have a complaint or problem, contact us directly and we will take care of it. Posts pertaining to politics, religion or other sensitive issues will be deleted, as will posts that attack or berate others. We reserve the right to remove any posts/threads that we feel are inappropriate. Personal Attacks will NOT be tolerated.
2.Do not disrespect moderators. Be respectful in both the forums and any private communications with moderators. Moderators are volunteers that donate many, many hours of their own time to help in the forums and chat rooms. Violations of this rule will not be tolerated.
3.No use of multiple usernames. Please register and use only one username for the forums. Posting under multiple user accounts will result in administrative action (ie. banning).
4.No irrelevant or off-topic posts. Posts which are not relevant to the forum topic may be deleted at the moderator's discretion.
5.No racist, sexist, hateful, threatening, obscene, or otherwise rude remarks.
6.Don't be annoying, respect your fellow members. Annoying everyone is enough of a reason to get yourself banned.
7.If you have nothing to contribute to a discussion, don't post.
8.Do not spam. No blatant advertising.
9.No posts of copyrighted material. Information copyrighted or owned by any individual or entity other than the person posting should not be posted on the message boards without the consent of the owner.
10.No discussion of any illegal activity or threats of violence. (ie. illicit drug use, or threatened or intended physical harm).
11. Any post made by Gee will not be taken seriously.
12. NO THREAD HIJACKING Thread hijacking is the act of trying to steer a web forum discussion thread off topic by discussing a subject entirely unrelated to the subject at hand.
While this can be an intentional act of trolling, it is often accidental - caused by other participants in the discussion responding to a throwaway remark, taking the thread off at a tangent to the original subject matter. The results, whilst sometimes humorous or otherwise interesting, often provoke a feeling of resentment from the author of the original post.
13. Posts pertaining to politics, religion or other sensitive issues will be deleted.
ChevyBombs Marketplace Rules - **REVISED** Oct 2008
1. 25 minimum posts - No intro, profile not filled out? Don't be surprised when you get no response.
2. This is NOT the discussion area – go to OFF TOPIC to do that. Replies will be limited to questions and answers regarding the confirmation of a sale. Questions asked of the seller should be answered by the seller only. The "Good Luck on the Sale", "Wish I were Closer", "Wish I had the money" replies don't help anything, are annoying, and send the other ads down the list. These types of replies will be deleted. If a member is found to have a habit of doing this, you will be banned.
3. Please observe the "Three day bump." This means that you cannot "bump", "BTTT" (back to the top), or other wise bring your ad back to the top more often than every three days. Sure, you can answer questions that are posted in the thread. Just keep in mind that we want the Classifieds to work well for Everyone. Please respect your ChevyBombers. Make use of Private Messaging. DO NOT post “call me” to an individual – PM THEM!
4. Have 50 items to sell? Post it under ONE ad. Multiple ads will be deleted.
5. PARTS CARS – PM the seller DIRECTLY about the part you are looking for. POST OF "PM SENT" OR "EMAIL SENT" WILL BE DELETED.
6. NO EBAY, CRAIGSLIST, or general listing website. Posting your item on ChevyBombs is provided for FREE. You are responsible for YOUR item. Posting for a friend is acceptable but they better be legit or YOU will be banned as if you flaked out on your own item.
7. TRADE PROPOSALS - DO NOT post trade proposals. SEND A PM.
8. What can you sell on ChevyBombs?
1954 and BELOW parts and cars .Later model PARTS will be allowed assuming they might be used in the building of a bomb (i.e. later rear axle, transmission, etc). .Accessories related to 1920’s – 1950’s. Anything newer is left to Administrators discretion .Bomb Art .Tools .Item must be in your hands – i.e. selling a car stuck in the Alaskan mountains unless you live there.
9. Your AD MUST contain the following: .Price on every item .Item location, shipping info, etc .PICTURES – If you need help, PM Admins. We are talking about vintage parts and seeing the condition is critical. .Best offers will be deleted .Any “baiting” or “feelers” will be deleted.
10. Planning on being a dead beat buyer or seller? Your information will posted along with a description of the faulty transaction. Make the experience of buying and selling a good one between members!
11. The website has grown with many more members meaning more potential for transaction drama to appear. We want this message to be clear and understood by all veteran and new members so no hard feelings could potentially happen. Eddie and I are tired of hearing stories of people getting burned (yes, it has happened).