Without a doubt, social media has become or in some cases, taken over, part of our daily lives, especially amongst the ChevyBombs.com community. It is on Instagram where we found the Chevybombs.com 2014 Bomb of the Year. ChevyBombs first caught a glimpse of this fully laid 1948 Chevrolet Fleetmaster Cabriolet, owned by Donald Tovar. The ‘48 was posted on Instagram by Donald’s nephew, Joey Tovar. We instantly knew this car was going to be our Bomb of the Year because it represented ChevyBombs’ values of Tradition, Pride, and Culture. After communicating with Joey and his Uncle Michael Tovar, ChevyBombs made the trek to Bellflower, California, to snap a few shots of this classic beauty.
I first heard about the Tovar Brothers back in the early 1990s when flipping through the pages of Lowrider Magazine (LRM). I remember the detail, craftsmanship, and life the Tovar brothers gave their cars. The Tovar Brothers also offered tech articles in LRM that I still own to this day. If one knows the Tovar Brothers, one knows that over the last few decades, they have created masterpieces on wheels.
As we initially walked up to the car, the quality was evident. We immediately noted the intricate detail of the vehicle’s restoration. No bolt was left untouched, literally. We know many of you are from areas far away from California so we hope the images featured here displayed on your phone, tablet, or computer screen bring you right up close and personal to ChevyBombs’ 2014 Bomb of the Year!
- OWNER: DONALD TOVAR
- MAKE: CHEVY FLEETMASTER
- YEAR: 1948
- CAR CLUB: TOVAR BROTHERS
Now for the tech stuff:
- 235cui mated to a T5 Transmission
- Dayton Wire Wheels
- Appleton 552 Spotlights
- Whammy Tank Hydraulic Set-up
- Paint by Niño Estrada
- Chrome by Sergio at Metal Refinishers in Los Angeles, CA
- Interior by “Blind Mike” Perez in Santa Fe Springs, CA
- Glass by All Glass “Jose” in Long Beach, CA
- Body Drop by Eddie Tovar
- Woodgrain by Vic’s Woodgrain in Anaheim, CA
- Accessories by Jacob Dominguez (fellow ChevyBombs.com member)
- Exhaust by Lou’s Mufflers in Hawaiian Gardens, CA
- Powder Coating by Reliable Powder Coating in Downey, CA
- Audio System by “Gordo” at 562 Customs